BrisLETS charges a joining fee to cover the costs associated with Incorporation and publicity. The Treasurer prefers that this is paid by EFT to Bank Australia. Pricing Structure & Payment Options for the BrisLETS Joining Fee: Electronic Transfer $20 to Brisbane Local Energy Trading System at Bank Australia, BSB 313-140, A/C 12138801, with your name included on the transaction. PayPal $22 to email@example.com or https://www.paypal.me/BrisLETS Cash/cheque/money order $23 payable to Brisbane Local Energy Trading System, sent to PO Box 471, Ferny Hills DC, Qld, 4955 with your name on the back of the cheque. For this you will receive access to the online database to advertise your offerings and wants so you can start trading plus four online newsletters per year. There are a couple of ways to join BrisLETS:
- Come along to one of our trading days where you will be able to fill out an application form and hand it, and your once only payment of $20, to our Secretary.
- You can also JOIN ONLINE through the Australian CES – Community Exchange System website. Click to accept the terms and conditions then a member application form will appear. Fill in your details, click submit and an email comes to our Secretary who will then contact you. When you are a member you will have log in details to access the lists of offers and wants so you can start trading.
- Payment can be made via Direct Debit into our bank account or via PayPal. Please note there is a $2.00 fee to use PayPal so please ensure you pay $22.00 if using PayPal. Please put your name and date as a reference.
- For a Direct Debit our bank details are: Brisbane Local Energy Trading System BSB: 313 140 A/C No: 12138801 Ref: your name
- If you would like to receive hard copy newsletters, we charge an annual fee of $20 to cover postage and paper.
If you are not sure you want to join yet, click on the Demonstration Site to see a fully working demonstration of a CES account. This is what an account holder sees after logging in. The only difference between this site and the real one is that the inter-exchange trading features have been disabled. If you would like to find out more, contact the Secretary, Jeni on 0420 212 610. In the meantime, think of some of the things you can offer the BrisLETS network. Are you willing to be involved in working bees to earn Units? Can you teach a skill? How about general labouring, gardening, or home maintenance? Can you help with computers? Have you got a car? Can you give people without one a lift to the shops and back? All these are potential ways you can earn Units. Also have a think about what services or goods you want from the BrisLETS network. You can advertise for what you want on the CES system too. Go for it!